Allentown Employment and Training Center
A partnership with the Workforce Board Lehigh Valley, PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley, Lehigh Carbon Community College, Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone and Allentown Mayor Ray O’Connell to establish a workforce, training and employment center in Center City Allentown.
Attend an orientation and discover what jobs are being created in the Neighborhood Improvement Zone including the resources available to assist you in finding training and employment. Meet workforce professionals who will help you navigate your employment and training options. Become informed on important job seeking subjects such as: How to Conduct a Job Search, Resume Development, Interviewing and Local Job Openings. Find out how to use PA CareerLink®, Pennsylvania’s on-line tool to connect job seekers to employers. Investigate the employment and training opportunities available through the PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley office. View a listing of community-based organizations and resources that can offer you support while you seek employment.
Location and Hours
ANIZDA Job Postings - Type "ANIZDA" in job title search bar
WE CAN HELP WITH…
* Resume Development - Customizing your resume to targeted job openings and building your employment portfolio with job search essential documents including applications, references and cover and thank you letters.
* Basic Computer/Keyboarding Skills - Learning the basics of keyboarding and entry-level computer operations. Also, learning to use a mouse and navigating the computer screen.
* Conducting a Job Search – Directing you on how to integrate networking, social media, and Internet sites into your job search. We can also guide you on everything from tracking your job search to follow-up with employers.
* Interviewing – We can advise you on how to sell yourself in an interview and separate yourself from the rest of the pack. We can provide you with tips on delivering the perfect elevator speech, insight on how to connect your skills and experience with the job, guidance on answering those tricky interview questions, and much more.
* Who’s Hiring? – Up-to-date job leads for the Allentown area and throughout the Lehigh Valley
Computers with internet access, printers, scanners, and supplies available on site to prepare resumes, email resumes, and conduct your job search.
Additional services include but are not limited to application screening, job postings, referral to jobs, basic assessments, mock interviewing, referral to training options, GED, Literacy, housing, childcare, interview clothing, Community Based Organizations, PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley and more. Eligible job seekers will have access to services available through the Departments of Labor, Welfare, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Employment Service, Bureau of Workforce Development Partnership, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Department of Education.
Training options will be available for payment by jobseekers and employers, as well as individuals eligible under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Program, CareerFORCE Young Adult, Department of Public Welfare programs, and other potential funding sources.
Training Programs available in the local Allentown area:
Noncredit course offerings: www.lccc.edu/community-education
English as a Second Language: Complete an interest form at LCCC Allentown, 718 Hamilton St.
High School Equivalency Diploma/GED: www.lccc.edu/career-training-and-personal-interest/ged/ged-student-information or complete an interest from at LCCC Allentown, 718 Hamilton St.