Allentown Employment And Training Center
A partnership with the Lehigh Valley Workforce Investment Board, Inc., PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley, Lehigh Carbon Community College, Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone and Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski to establish a workforce, training and employment center in Center City Allentown.
Attend an orientation and discover what jobs are being created in the Neighborhood Improvement Zone including the resources available to assist you in finding training and employment. Meet workforce professionals who will help you navigate your employment and training options. Learn about workshop offerings designed to hone your job search skills, such as: How to Conduct a Job Search, Employer Expectations, Interviewing and Local Job Openings. Find out how to use JobGatewaySM, Pennsylvania’s on-line tool to connect job seekers to employers. Investigate the employment and training opportunities available through PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley office. View a listing of community-based organizations and resources that can offer you support while you seek employment.
Location and Hours
ANIZDA Job Postings
* Resume Development: “How Do I Market Myself?” – Learn how to customize your resume to targeted job openings and build your employment portfolio with job search essential documents including applications, references and cover and thank you letters. Leave this workshop with the necessary tools to launch you career path.
* Basic Computer 101/Keyboarding - This workshop is for someone with little or no computer experience. Learn the basics of keyboarding skills and entry level computer operations. Also learn to use a “mouse”, ways of navigating the computer screen and an introduction to MS Word.
* Conduct a Job Search: “Where Do I Start?” – You have a goal, resume, and you’re ready to interview. Now what? It’s time to learn how to conduct a job search in today’s job market. Our workforce expert will teach you how to integrate networking, social media, and Internet sites into your job search, while receiving guidance on everything from tracking your job search to follow-up with employers.
* Nail the Interview: “Seal the Deal!” – Learn how to sell yourself in an interview and separate yourself from the rest of the pack. We’ll provide you with tips on delivering the perfect elevator speech, insight on how to connect your skills and experience with the job, guidance on answering those tricky interview questions, and much more.
* Hot Jobs: “Who’s Hiring?” – Up-to-date job leads for the Downtown Allentown area and throughout the Lehigh Valley
* North Penn Legal: “How to Overcome Barriers to Employment with a Criminal Background”: What you need to know about expungements, pardons, and other barriers to employment.
Computers with internet access, printers, scanners, and supplies available on site to prepare resumes, email resumes, and conduct your job search.
Outlook Lehigh Valley
Access local labor market information updated monthly by the Lehigh Valley Workforce Investment Board, Inc. to guide your career exploration and job search. View the employment snapshot, track employment trends, research high demand occupations and associated salaries, and use the most updated web resources to land a job in the Lehigh Valley. Employment and Training Advisors are available to help you apply this wealth of information to your unique job search.
Individualize your job search with the Career Cruising internet-based software, a user-friendly program that helps satisfy five key career guidance needs: self-assessment, career exploration, post-secondary education planning, work search, and portfolio development.
Learn more about your personal interests and find related careers and information about required training. Explore occupations that interest you and search for related jobs. Research schools in your state and find financial aid programs for which you qualify. Use the features and tools available in this great web-based program to help you develop a clear plan for your future.
WinWay Resume Deluxe
WinWay Resume Deluxe is a networked software program that includes powerful tools designed to help you create resumes, track contacts, write letters, search for job opportunities, send resumes to employers, and prepare for an interview.
The Resume Wizard will assist you in creating a professional resume that will get results. You can easily customize your resume to target specific employers and career situations. There are hundreds of expert-made themes that can be applied to your resume with a single click. The entire application is designed to simplify and streamline the resume creation and job search process.
Additional services include but are not limited to application screening, job postings, referral to jobs, basic assessments ,mock interviewing, referral to training options, GED, Literacy, housing, child care, interview clothing, Community Based Organizations, PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley and more. Eligible job seekers will have access to services available through the Departments of Labor, Welfare, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Employment Service, Bureau of Workforce Development Partnership, Workforce Investment Act and Department of Education.
Training options will be available for payment by jobseekers, employers, and for individuals eligible under Workforce Investment Act, Veterans, Department of Public Welfare, and other potential funding sources.
Training Programs- NON Credit and Available on a Rotational Basis in the Allentown area
Lehigh Carbon Community College is offering a free 8-hour training for Allentown residents, 18 or over, who wish to work in the hospitality industry.
PATH program: www.lccc.edu/path
Noncredit course offerings: www.lccc.edu/community-education
English as a Second Language: Complete an interest form at LCCC Allentown, 718 Hamilton St.
High School Equivalency Diploma/GED: www.lccc.edu/career-training-and-personal-interest/ged/ged-student-information or complete an interest from at LCCC Allentown, 718 Hamilton St.
Credit Courses and Programs are available which meet the growing demands for employment in the downtown area. Noncredit to credit bridges are established in several areas with stackable credentials fitting into many degree programs. Credit courses are available in traditional classroom formats at our various campuses and many in online formats for anytime/anyplace instruction. A range of programs are listed on JobGateway.
Training- NON Credit classes are available for individuals or small groups and available by request with minimum enrollments. This listing provides a sample of training which may assist individuals in skill development needed to secure entry level positions.