Easton Employment and Training Center
A partnership with the Workforce Board Lehigh Valley, PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley and the City of Easton to establish a workforce, training and employment center in Center City Easton.
Attend an orientation and discover what jobs are being created in the area including the resources available to assist you in finding training and employment. Meet workforce professionals who will help you navigate your employment and training options. Become informed on important job seeking subjects such as How to Conduct a Job Search, Resume Development, Interviewing and Local Job Openings. Find out how to use PA CareerLink®, Pennsylvania’s on-line tool to connect job seekers to employers. Investigate the employment and training opportunities available through the PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley office. View a listing of community-based organizations and resources that can offer you support while you seek employment.
Location and Hours
WE CAN HELP WITH…
* Resume Development - Customizing your resume to targeted job openings and building your employment portfolio with job search essential documents including applications, references and cover and thank you letters.
* Basic Computer 101/Keyboarding Skills - Learning the basics of keyboarding and entry-level computer operations. Also, learning to use a “mouse”, ways of navigating the computer screen.
* Conducting a Job Search – Directing you on how to integrate networking, social media, and Internet sites into your job search. We can also guide you on everything from tracking your job search to follow-up with employers.
* Interviewing – We can advise you on how to sell yourself in an interview and separate yourself from the rest of the pack. We can provide you with tips on delivering the perfect elevator speech, insight on how to connect your skills and experience with the job, guidance on answering those tricky interview questions, and much more.
* Who’s Hiring? – Up-to-date job leads for the Easton area and throughout the Lehigh Valley
* MS Word - Learning the basics of Word: introduction, the ribbon, formatting, text basics. You must be familiar with the mouse and keyboard to attend this workshop.
* MS Excel - Learning the basics of Excel: introduction; the ribbon, work sheet basics, entering and editing data, formatting working with rows and columns, simple formulas.
Computers with internet access, printers, scanners, fax machine, and supplies available on site to prepare resumes, email resumes, and conduct your job search.
Periodic Job Fairs to bring job seekers together with potential employers. Individual companies visit our center looking for candidates to fill their current job openings.
Additional services include but are not limited to application screening, job postings, referral to jobs, basic assessments, mock interviewing, referral to training options, GED, Literacy, housing, childcare, interview clothing, Community Based Organizations, PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley and more. Eligible job seekers will have access to services available through the Departments of Labor, Welfare, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Employment Service, Bureau of Workforce Development Partnership, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Department of Education
Training options will be available for payment by jobseekers, employers, and for individuals eligible under Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Program, CareerFORCE Young Adult Program, Department of Public Welfare programs, and other potential funding sources.
Training Programs in the local Easton/Bethlehem area
Noncredit course offerings: http://northampton.edu/noncredit.htm
FREE Micro-Credentials in Manufacturing: http://www.northampton.edu/microcredentials-in-manufacturing.htm
English as a Second Language & High School Equivalency Diploma/GED:
Northampton Community College - https://northampton.edu/noncredit/adult-personal-enrichment/adult-literacy.htm
ProJeCt of Easton - https://www.projecteaston.org/adulteducation